Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Fall Family Vacation 4

The next day, we headed over to Metcalf Bottoms, the Little Greenbriar School, and the Walker Sisters' Cabin. The Walker Sisters are my fourth cousins on my Mom's side. When the government was taking over to make the area a national park, the sisters stood their ground and WOULD NOT move. The government said (after a lot of " to-do") that they could stay in their home until they died, then it would be taken over by the National Park Service. My maternal grandmother (who died before I was born) told my mother and aunt about her visits to the cabin and she would always sleep in their trundle bed.
Wil happy & warm in the cove!
Beginning our little hike.

Ah, at the "family" cabin.:)
Posing in front of the newer fireplace.

No comments: